Feel like there are one or two things to discuss at the moment?
Want to sharpen up your debating skills?
Westminster has not one but three debating clubs within easy reach; the Society of Cogers, the Sylvan Club and Debating London. You can just go along and listen or get more involved and take part in debates.
Two of the groups meet in pubs, which may be of interest, and one offers debate training (for a fee). You can find them listed on the Westminster Community Information web site.
In late April I attended one of the regular health events at Paddington Library.
Here are some of the things you asked me about:
- A young man wanted to know about knitting groups in the borough
- A Malaysian lady who wants to start her own business running classes in Malaysian martial art (silat) and Malaysian cooking asked about business resources
- A lady wanted to find a diabetes support group
- A mature student was looking for social groups in the area.
- An older lady was asking about handyman services and draught-proofing grants.
I will attend other library health events in the future and look forward to seeing you there and answering your questions about community information in Westminster.