If you haven’t been in for a while, pick your nearest one and come and find out what we have to offer.
Can you tell a story in fewer than 140 characters?
If you’d like to try, post your story on Twitter before midday on Monday, making sure you include the hashtag #NLD132.
There are prizes for the most retweeted story and we’ll pick our favourite reading- or library-related story too.
Find out more, and join in the judging by retweeting your favourite story at #NLD132.
This Saturday in Westminster Libraries you can find:
- Children aged 5-14 celebrating the carnival season in a craft event at at Maida Vale Library
- Humming in Harmony at Westminster Music Library
- Children of all ages designing their own book bags at Marylebone Library
- John Bunker’s exhibition of collages at Westminster Reference Library
- PLUS: a Chinese painting class at Charing Cross Library, Scratch Computer Coding Club at Church Street Library, Saturday Morning Crafts for kids at Marylebone Library, the English Speaking Club at Pimlico Library, and a Laptop, tablet and iPad surgery at St John’s Wood Library,
In addition to these special events we have literally hundreds of other events going on every day of the week across our network of libraries. Keep an eye on the Forthcoming events page for one-off events and at the regular events section of your own library’s events page for regular activities.
Or just come in and have a look at our wide range of books for both adults and children, use the library computers, ask a question, borrow a DVD or CD, find out about local history at the Archives Centre, use our amazing special collections or use the study space we offer.
If you can’t get to the library today, have a look at our brilliant online resources – you can download e-books, e-magazines and e-audiobooks for free, and use the Guardian newspaper archives, Naxos Music Library and KOMPASS business directory (and much MUCH more) from home too.
And if you can’t get to the library at all because you are disabled or caring for someone at home, don’t forget that we have a Home Library Service for you.
There are loads of reasons to love libraries this National Libraries Day. Come and find out why!