It’s been a most successful year for the 6 Book Challenge in South Westminster. We had 204 participants entering across Charing Cross, Victoria and Pimlico Libraries, and over a quarter of the participants completed the Challenge.
This high participation rate led to the Reading Agency awarding Westminster Libraries ‘Public Library Authority of the Year’.
As with any success, it was not done alone. A variety of institutions delivered the 2014 Challenge. These included:
- Westminster Kingsway College
- Cardinal Hume Centre
- Westminster Adult Education Service
- Migrants Resource Centre
- Chinese Community Cultural Centre
A Big Thank You to all the Tutors especially Rachel Applegate, Peter Warren, Ruth Lenard, Matthew Edwards, Carmen Castro and Deborah Bell.
Westminster Kingsway College are enthusiastic supporters each year of the Challenge. This year they enrolled 97 students which resulted in Karin Klotz being awarded “Coordinator of the Year 2014”.
Special guest Davina Elliott praised everyone on their efforts during the Challenge.
To deliver the Challenge we need the help and support of various institutions and companies. So we would like to thank:
- The Reading Agency for all the materials
- Our Guest of Honour, writer Davina Elliott
- Librarians Malcolm Batten and Nicholas Alexander at Charing Cross and Victoria libraries respectively.
- Random House for providing the prizes again for this Year’s celebration event.
- Particular thanks to Kate Gunning for helping throughout the project
Finally, thank you and well done to all the participants in the 6 Book Challenge 2014. None of this would be possible without you – keep reading and see you in 2015!
For more information about the 6 Book Challenge, see the Reading Agency website.